A wonderful recipe for a fresh yet simple, smoky and delicious salsa!
Who’s your favorite cook?? One of my favorite cooks is my Dad!! Ever heard of cooks making salsa and flour tortillas everyday?? Well if he could he would, and here at my house he makes Salsa all the time!! Today he taught me to make it Fresh off the stove!! Did I tell you I have a gas stove!! Ya.. totally rustic!! Love it!! He’s totally old fashionEd that way and he doesnt use tbsp or measuring tools!! A dash of this, a dash of that!!
There’s something special about Homemade Salsa!! It’s very easy to make,
- 4 Tomatoes.. vine tomatoes make good salsa!!
- 2-3 Jalapeño Peppers we used 2 then added one more for a medium style salsa
- 1 small onion
- Salt (apx 2-tsp or more to taste)
- lemon juice (dash)
- Roads your tomatoes and Jalapeño in pan or over fire till blackened-charred, this is where the yummy smoky taste comes from!! Looks weird but oh so tasty!,
- take skins off using utensils while still hot
- in medium bowl mash tomatoes with potato masher, discard core
- Take blackened peel off Jalapeño, remove seeds and stem and cut into small pieces then add to tomatoes
- dice onion, add to bowl
- Add a Dash of lemon juice
- add salt..season according to taste
- enjoy!! Thanks for visiting, enjoy your Salsa creations!! Have a wonderful day!!