What is your favorite food to bring when your out on the frozen lake? Or when it’s cold?? I love soup or stew on coooold days!! I find it comforting to enjoy a cup while in our ice shack! Here’s a delicious recipe I made the other day, it’s full of healthy carrots. yummy, hope your enjoy it!
- 2 large carrots: shredded
- 3 garlic cloves(crushed)
- 1 celery
- Small onion
- Seasonings: 2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Canned items: 15.5 Cannelloni beans, 15 Oz tomato sauce
- 2 cups cooked turkey
- 6 cups water
Tools you’ll need
- Food processor
- large soup pot, I love my cast iron pot!!
1. In a food processor, Add 2 large carrots, 1 celery and one small onion. Using shredding tool
2. In pot add shredded carrots mixture & 6 cups water add 2 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper. Simmer on medium low till veggies tender apx 15 -20 mins.
3. Add 3 crushed garlic,
4. Add 15.5 can cannelloni beans, 15 Oz tomato sauce, 2 cups ground turkey!! Add another 1 tbsp garlic powder. simmer another 10 mins till cooked through..