Here’s a twist on a New England Favorite, Shepherds pie!! Made with chicken and cannellini beans and a tomatoey based sauce!! I Paired this with a vegan coleslaw!! Yummy!! Make it totally vegan by leaving out the chicken!! Yummy!!
Vegan Coleslaw adapted from healthy happy vegan kitchen 🙂
4 cups shredded cabbage-1/2 Cabbage
1 Cup shredded Carrots- apx 1/2 a large carrot or 1 medium carrot
1 small onion diced
2-3 tbsp Vegenaise
1/4-1/3 cup Maple syrup
1/3 Apple Cider
pinch of pepper
pinch of paprika
dap of lime/lemon juice..
1. In a large bowl shred cabbage, in another shred carrots, dice onions. Mix everything together in the large bowl till everything’s mixed together 🙂
2. Refrigerate cover and chill this to allows flavors to blend further but you can also eat as is!!
Chicken & Cannellini beans Shepherds Pie..
1-1/2 cooked chicken cut up
1 Can 15 Oz. Tomato sauce
1 small onion, diced
15.5 Oz Cannellini Beans
2 garlic cloves crushed
2 Tbsp Olive oil
12 Oz frozen mixed veggies; green beans, carrots, and peas
1/2- 1 cup water
2 tsp salt
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1. In large pan, Heat the oil on medium heat. add onion and crushed garlic till garlic until onion starts to brown..
2. Add chicken, Cannellini beans, tomato sauce and spices.. 2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp chili powder..
3. Add water simmer til boiling, add veggies and turn down heat.. 10 more mins
For mashed potatoes
1. Scrub & Wash potatoes
2. Place in soup pot add water to cover. Bring to boil and cover. Reduce heat to medium until cooked 10-20 mins.. drain and set aside.
3. Add 2 crushed garlic cloves.. add salt and pepper to taste…
4. Mash potatoes with masher.. wahlaaa.
5. Add a dash of dairy or non dairy milk and fav dab of butter.. I used non dairy ingredients in mine 🙂
Scoop two potatoes and spoon a ladle of chicken and bean sauce, pair with coleslaw! Enjoy!!
Hope everyone’s happy and healthy.. Have a wonderful day!!
Thanks for visiting!!
[…] Saturday’s in New England is for bean specials!! They can be found all over deli’s and markets!! Our neighborhood one close by carries these homemade beans & coleslaw, so Yummy! A special twist is that I paired with smoked Broccoli & side salad!! For the smoked Broccoli, I used a bag of frozen Broccoli with added onion powder, garlic powder and olive oil!! It was smoked for about 20 mins, It’s the best way to eat Broccoli!! Yummy & added a small side salad served picnic style on a paper plate & wicked holder! Summer vibing!! You can Make this meal vegan by adding a coleslaw made with veganaise!! Check out the recipe at A twist On Shepherd’s Pie Dinner with vegan Coleslaw!! Yummy! […]
[…] With our meal I also made potato wedges in the oven. Coleslaw, I bought a premade bag & added my vinegar, maple syrup, vegenaise. Check out the recipe on this post A twist On Shepherd’s Pie Dinner with vegan Coleslaw!! […]
You must log in to post a comment.