Traveling in an Motorhome preparation
Are you ever 100% ready to take a trip? How about Road trips? Are road-trips in a RV an exception? I totally think so!! It helps relieve my anxiety about forgetting things!! I think as long as you have essentials then you’ll be ok!! Why do I say this?? Well it’s a lot like camping, but it seems like more is required because you are taking your home with you everywhere you travel but while Rv-ing you can stop & pick up any essentials you need!! See You bring along your cooking stuff, clothes, bathroom & shower stuff, vehicle stuff & I like to make some meals ahead of time!! Nothing wrong with eating out but if you’re frugal or on a budget & you forget something that can be purchased at the grocery store or Walmart, you just pick it up & you’re good to go!! These were my thoughts as I was scrambling to put everything in the Rv!!
Things to bring on your Motorhome/RV Road-Trip
- cooking utensils, pots, pans (I found I absolutely love using a pressure cooker/instapot) so I brought this along on this trip!! Another tool I absolutely love is my garlic Press!! IKEA has one of the best!
- paper goods- paper plates, bowls, paper towels, napkins
- plastic silverware
- food-canned, & refrigerated items
- bathroom toiletries
- clothing.. yours & the families 🙂 I usually have everybody pack their own
- hubby packs his tools for maintenance & repairs
- emergency kit include a tire plug kit including wrenches & sockets & especially one that takes off lug nuts
- 12 ton (hydraulic) jack or jack
- air compressor
- Newer Spare tire, (not an older one)
- extra blankets
- Prepared food, fresh or frozen 🙂
- matches- lighter
- Meal plan
- sunflower seeds
- sunglasses & sunglass holder
- Hiking shoes
- hydration packets
- garbage bags
On this Road Trip we planned on visiting The Grand Canyon, but came across some other special places like Canyon de Chelley, Zion National Park & Mt. Rainier National Park!!
Rv/ Motorhome Meal preparation
I love having meals prepared so that while traveling, you can get the nourishment you need, don’t have to expend energy cooking & you don’t have to stop for a long time!!
On this trip I also prepared breakfast sandwiches for the start of our trip, because we were leaving at 2am 🙂 I just bought English muffins! Scrambled up eggs, added onions & seasoning & waaa laaa!! They were out in the fridge put together & microwaved in the morning!!
On this trip I purchased food containers at Burlington coat factory but you can purchase at Walmart or shop on Amazon for them as well!! They are so helpful to have on hand 🙂 & of course I had to pick up a few outfits to Bring along! Again Amazon or other places like Burlington would do!!
With everything in the motorhome 🙂 our coffees ready to go, sandwiches wrapped in foil for when we get hungry, we’re off for our summer adventure! Buddy, the Dog & all!!
Safe travels friends!!
check out my Amazon storefront if you’d like check out items that were helpful on our trip !! & Have fun traveling!! !! https://www.amazon.com/shop/influencer-09bc7374